New LA Elementary School runs a FREE after school program until 6:00 pm daily.
- Provide children with opportunities to participate in educational, youth development, health, safety, cultural & recreational activities and access to services
- Build partnerships to increase learning opportunities for children
- Work with communities, schools and organizations to plan, implement, expand, coordinate and evaluate the After School Programs
- Participate in quality service-learning experiences that address community needs, provide community connections, enhance academic learning, stimulate healthy youth development and promote civic responsibility
Components are aligned with the regular school day:
- Enrichments include Storybook Read Aloud, Theme of the Month Activities, and Harvest of the Month.
- "Brain Power Hour” is aligned with school day academics. It is broken up into Circle Time, ELA Activities, Shake Break, and Math Activities.
- Outdoor Organized Playtime
- Students receive a snack provided by Revolution Foods every day.
- Bus rides are provided every day for families who would prefer to pick up their child at the middle school. The bus leaves the elementary at 5:30 and arrives at the middle school by 6:00 pm.